Date: 22nd September, 2022
Fiona Wise and Matthew Snarr will be presenting this Webinar via Zoom at 16:00 on 22 September 2022, lasting 1 hour, to cover the following issues.
- Legal framework: the common law, CPR and s.11 of the Civil Evidence Act 1968 - Hollington v Hewthorne  KB 587
- The issue in dispute
- Spent convictions - the Rehabilitation of Offender’s Act 1974 - sections 4 and 7(3)
- Evidential effect and weight to be attached (probity)
- Circumstances behind the conviction
- Challenging the conviction: collateral attacks - CXX v DXX  EWHC QB
- Rebutting the presumption
- Pleadings: convictions and admissions - CPR PD 16 paragraph 8.1
- Incidental convictions (propensity and credibility)
- Judicial sentencing remarks
- Evidencing the conviction - Guilty pleas - James v White Lion  EWCA Civ 31
- Criminal cautions
- Foreign criminal convictions - Daley v Bakiyev  EWHC 1972 (QB)
- Tactics and strategy in liability contested claims involving criminal convictions
This webinar is aimed at providing guidance for both Claimant and Defendant lawyers.
Please click here to download PDF flyer. Please click here to download the handout for the talk.
How To Register
If you would like book on the FREE remote event then please email Joe.Gibson@9sjs.com
You will receive a link to the webinar 24 hours before broadcast – the link will come to you on the afternoon of the 21st September.
If you are unable to attend this webinar, but would like a recording after the event, please email Joe.Gibson@9sjs.com or call 0161 955 5161.