Organiser: Julia Lanza
Tel: 0161 955 9000
WEDNESDAY 8 JULY 2020 12.30pm to 1.30pm
Like the rest of the legal sector, mediation has had to adapt rapidly to the constraints placed on it by the Covid-19 pandemic. Many mediators and solicitors are now experienced in the use of Zoom as means to allow mediations to take place remotely.
In the emerging 'post-lockdown' landscape, more than ever before mediation offers a quick and effective way for parties to resolve their disputes instead of waiting many months (or even years) before they can bring their case before a Court.
This webinar will be led by:
- Richard Price - Head of the 9SJS Mediation group and a barrister in the Business and Property Court group at 9 St John Street
- David Gilchrist - Head of the Business and Property Court group at 9 St John Street and a mediator in the 9SJS Mediation group
- Andrew Bishop - Senior Associate at Shoosmiths LLP specialising in Wills and Probate disputes
Our speakers will look at a number of issues including:
How has the mediation landscape changed since 23 March 2020?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of remote mediation?
- How do you get the most from a mediation by Zoom?
As lockdown restrictions ease, will mediation need to adapt?
- How can face-to-face mediations be conducted while the risk of Covid-19 continues?
- Will remote mediation continue to have a role to play?
The webinar is free to attend. To register for it please submit the form. Joining instructions will be sent out shortly before the webinar. If you have questions which you would like the panel to consider, they can be sent in when you register for the event.
Register for this Seminar
If you would like to register, please submit the form below and we will be in touch to confirm your registration.