Employment Insights is a series of short Q&A videos aimed at providing practical advice and guidance to workers, employees and employers who are concerned about employment rights and employment law developments during the coronavirus outbreak.
This week, James Hurd and Tom Gilbart provide you with furlough updates and consider the contractual implications of furlough:
- Update following the Government announcements of 15th April 2020 – further clarification, new dates etc. (01:13);
- Notice periods and furlough (04:38);
- Can you re-employ an ex-employee to furlough them? What are the issues that could arise? (06:38)
- Can your furlough agreement contain a clause which permits the employer to lay off the employee after the furlough period? (21:30)
- Will the doctrine of frustration be relevant to employment contracts given the current situation?