Inner Temple Major Scholarship (2014)
University of Law Platinum Award (2014)
University of Law Gold Award (2013)
LLB, University of Law (First Class)
BPTC, University of Law (Outstanding)
GDL, University of Law (Distinction)
MA, Continental Philosophy, University of Warwick
BA (Hons), Politics, Philosophy and Economics, University of York (First Class)
James joined Chambers in September 2016 after successfully completing pupillage under the supervision of Joanna Vicary. He is developing a broad chancery and commercial practice in line with the Group's profile.
As a pupil, James worked on a wide range of matters.
• Property Litigation; including cohabitee disputes, mortgages, nuisance, boundary disputes, adverse possession, and landlord and tenant.
• Commercial Litigation; including credit hire, the sale and supply of goods and services and general contractual disputes.
• Wills and Probate; including contentious probate and claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
• Social Housing; including possession proceedings, anti-social behaviour injunctions and homelessness appeals.
• Insolvency; both personal and corporate.
• Tax; including VAT, duties and business rates.
He welcomes instruction in each of these areas.
James represented Inner Temple at the European Universities Debating Championships. He has volunteered with the Free Representation Unit appearing before tribunals, and with the North Liverpool, Islington and Royal Courts of Justice Citizens Advice Bureaux.
Nine St John Street Chambers 'Brochure Creator'. From here you are able to create a personlised PDF of profiles you have viewed while browsing the site, you can then download your brochure as a PDF to use on your PC, Tablet or print a hard copy.