Employment Insights is a series of short Q&A videos aimed at providing practical advice and guidance to workers, employees and employers who are concerned about employment rights and employment law developments during the coronavirus outbreak.
This week Stefan Brochwicz-Lewinski and Louise Quigley focus on furlough:
– What is furlough? Who is covered and what are employees entitled to?
– Who should employers select for furlough? How can I use furlough in my business?
– Is furlough a compulsory alternative to redundancy?
– Can directors be furloughed? What functions if any, can directors carry out whilst on furlough?
– Furloughing employees in the vulnerable categories.
– Can you furlough an employee who has handed in their notice?
– How does furlough impact on a TUPE transfer?
– Can you have a second job whilst being furloughed?
– Can I rota staff on furlough?
You can view Stefan and Louise’s profiles on our Employment page, and the Employment Clerks are all working remotely and can be contacted on 0161 955 5123.
To submit your question to the team, please email the Employment Insights inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.